Saturday, June 19, 2010

Friday, June 18, 2010 Anacortes, WA 30 miles

Nick from Bikespot brought our bikes to the motel yesterday - a very nice gesture.  He also brought us a map of Lopez Island, which is part of the San Juan Islands, showing what proved to be a beautiful ride.  This is Jean (my Memphis friend) and me as we leave the hotel. Along with Nancy and Barb, we biked to old town Anacortes and had breakfast at Gere-Deli before going to the ferry dock.  I evisioned the ferry crossing the Mississippi river, but, no, this ferry is HUGE.  It can hold up to 150 cars including 18 wheelers, so the 40 minute ride to Lopez was an adventure in itself.  The day was exquisite - could not have been more beautiful for our warm up ride.  There were enough hills for us to get revved up.  Found a good lunch in the village where we sat on the deck in the sunshine to eat.  Being somewhat anxious about catching the 4:55 ferry, we decided to cut the ride short and head back to the dock.  The ferry was late but, being the sociable folks that we are,  we struck up a conversation with a mother/daughter twosome that had also biked around the island. 

Well, I have a learning curve here concerning adding pictures.  The good thing is that I've learned how to donwload the pics and how to find them again to insert.  Now, if I can insert them in the proper place rather than  always at the top. . . I'm enjoying having my own little computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment