Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 zero miles Sandpoint, ID

We're staying at LaQuinta for our day off, and it's proven to be just great - wonderful beds and pillows and good towels.  We've got a microwave and refrigerator which have been useful.  For a hotel, breakfast was bountiful.  I had my first hotel waffle (this year).  I took my bike outside to clean it good and where I could get a van chair and sit in the sun.  Took off the back wheel and really cleaned my new cassette and chain.  My riding companions will have to put on sunglasses tomorrow when they pass me!  I was determined to stay off my feet, but I did walk to Safeway for a few items - Eating Right microwavable dish, an apple and greeting cards for friends back home.  I really meant to walk downtown, but decided that resting was more important.  We are walking to somewhere called Spuds for an early supper. 

Last night Mary and Joann from the Meandering MS tour ate dinner with us.  They are both in the group that preceeds us by one day.  Mary said that she needed to get her 'drawl' fix. . . . My friends in '07 loved to tease me about my pronunciation of 'pie'.  It sure was fun to see them again. 

Tomorrow is a 98 mile day.  Several of us have decided to give ourselves a break and get a bump up for 20-30 miles.  That means that we'll ride in the van at the beginning of the day, thereby cutting our miles short for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment