Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saturday, June 19, 2010 Anacortes, WA 0 Miles

The day finally arrived for this tour to begin, but first, before we had our initial meeting at 1 PM, several of us walked across the street at 7 am to visit with friends in the first group.  WomanTours is running two groups one day apart.  I also wanted to meet Gloria who founded the company about 12 years ago.  She no longer has an interest in the company and is doing this tour for fun.  I thanked her for providing me the opportunity for such challenging fun that has added so much to my life.  After seeing Group One off, Jean, Barb, Nancy and I walked downtown to the bike shop.  I needed to discuss an odometer problem.  For some reason the ODO miles do not accumulate.  I've changed the sensor battery but that didn't solve the problem.  Will change the computer battery next.  I still know the day's mileage, so it's not too big a deal. . . .  At our initial meeting this afternoon, it was interesting to hear the various occupations of the ladies, i.e. air traffic controller, middle school math teacher, teacher of severely handicapped children, landscaper, etc., and then, of course, there are us retirees.  Including Michelle and Linda (chef), our two guides, there are 28 ladies.  Most have been on multiple WT trips, but for some this is their very first.  Our beginning banquet tonight was at Flounder Bay Restuarant near the ferry dock and Washington State Park.  I missed having my friends Lou Ellyn and Gerry, since they saw me off on both the Southern Tier and the Northwest Loop trips. Barb, the sous chef, entertained us tonight with the first, of what may be many, of her original songs on this trip. 

Everyone really is looking forward to getting on the road tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment