Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11, 2010 71 miles Glasgow, MT

Rain this morning kept us from having breakfast outside which turned out to be rather nice. We were invited to have breakfast from the menu in the hotel restaurant - quite a pleasant change (nothing against steelcut oatmeal!). I dawdled over coffee, bacon and eggs and forgot all about making the ritual pb&j for my lunch. Actually, I never saw the snack table so guess Linda had it in the back of the trailor.


The only reason I started out in rain was because the temp was 58 and would only get warmer. I guess it rained on us for a couple of hours but never very hard. My paper rain jacket proved to be just fine. I kept it on all day, as the day remained a little cool with heavy overcast of clouds. If you're wondering why I'm spending so much time on weather, well, that was the most exciting happening all day. We passed again through miles and miles of wheat fields, with not even a combine driver to wave to. It's Sunday and even the traffic was very light. I don't think I took but two pictures. I arrived in Glasgow about 2:30 and stopped at DQ, not ice cream but a hot dog and Diet Coke. I was starving. . .

Coming into Glasgow I noticed sculptures of dinosaurs over on the hillside. I haven't visited the local museums, but, evidently this was big dinosaur country millions of years ago. 

As soon as I checked in I found a hose and washed off my bike. That, of course, led to cleaning the cassette, the chain, and lubricating. I had to fix a flat today on the front. After examining the tire, I found a good size gash to which I applied Goop. Michelle says to apply it every day as it wears off. I also have a gash in the back tire. . . not too happy with my new tires. But, I'm getting good at changing flats!
 
Dinner tonight was really good - chicken and green beans and gravy over brown rice, broccoli salad, fresh fruit salad AND tiramisu (camp version) which was divine!

1 comment:

  1. Can I send you some new tires? Tell me what size and where to fed ex.

    ReplyDelete