Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 3, 2010 Kalispell, MT

Up at 7 and made coffee. Patsy cooked us a great breakfast of omelet, turkey sausage biscuit. Before she got up, tho, I enjoyed a quiet time and read my emails. There's a school behind P's house and I'm linked to the school's sytem. We picked up P's mom and took her with us the Farmer's Market. P was looking for herbs to plant. Later, P and I shopped at the Sportsman's Ski Haus where I found a pair of quick drying shorts, a pretty t-shirt and a pair of warm gloves. At Hergerger's we found a t-shirt to match the shorts and a pair of white cut-offs - all on sale. Bought our lunch at the Blue Cow - delicious red lentil soup with coconut, rice and curry, etc. After lunch, P drove me to Big Rock on the northern end of Flathead Lake (27 miles long) and then up along Swan Lake. It rained hard almost all morning. I would love to know how my friends faired biking to Lake McDonald and hoping Jean can call me back with a report. She probably doesn't have cell service, tho. . . . We picked up Cathlynn and Troy's children (Toth 12 and Kalli 6) at a friend's home. They are staying with Gran while their parents vacation in Canada for a week. After lunch tomorrow they'll drive me to Lake McDonald. I enjoyed seeing Troy this morning and regret not getting to see Cathlynn. The children are beautiful and so smart. Toth looks exacctly like his mother and Kalli looks just like Troy.


I had a phone message which I couldn't retrieve because I didn't have a password. I've never been asked for a password for messages. Called Catherine who gave me the 888# for ATT and finally got a new password.

Tomorrow is the day all the bike group has been anticipating - the Going To The Sun ride. This scenic landmark crossing of Glacier National Park is a 50 mile paved road that was completed in the 1930's. In 1983 it was designated a National Civil Engineering Landmark, placed on the national Register of Historical Places, and in 1996 was designated a National Historical Landmark, the only road in the U.S. with all three designations.

Forgive all the personal info from my days off;  family reads this, too.  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment